Financial Aid Home
Apply for Financial Aid
College Scholarships
Private Scholarships

Tuition Equalization Grant
Apply for a Loan
Entrance Counseling
Exit Counseling
Accept a Financial Aid Award
International Students
Forms Library

Contact Information

For assistance, please call the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, located in Suite 246 at 1303 San Jacinto Street, Houston, TX 77002.
Phone: 713-646-1820
Fax: 713-659-3807 |


Apply for Financial Aid

The financial aid process takes 8 to 12 weeks depending on the time of year, type of aid desired, and your promptness to requests by the Financial Aid Office. The typical order of events is shown below:

  1. Request a FAFSA PIN.  Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online. If you receive a PIN, you agree not to share it with anyone. Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records, so you should never give your PIN to anyone, including commercial services that offer to help you complete your FAFSA. Be sure to keep your PIN in a safe place.

  2. Complete an application, either the Renewal or the FAFSA, and either mail your application to the Department of Education's processor, or submit your information online at the Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) web site. Our Title IV Code is 004977. You receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) and the Financial Aid Office receives your data electronically. The Financial Aid Office then requests any additional information needed to complete your file.

  3. You submit the requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office.

  4. Within 4 to 6 weeks of processing time your award notification will be available for you to view online through your STANLEY account.

If you have unusual circumstances that affect your financial resources for college, make an appointment to see a counselor after filing the application and receiving a Student Aid Report (SAR). Unusual circumstances may include a reduction in income or benefits, medical expenses not covered by insurance, a death in the family, divorce, etc.


Houston College of Law · 1303 San Jacinto Street, Houston, Texas 77002 · 713-659-8040
Please send comments or questions to: webmaster@s